Top Reasons to work at Voyagers’ Community School
Voyagers’ Community School, in Eatontown, New Jersey, the preeminent private and non-profit progressive school in Monmouth County, provides daycare, preschool, and elementary, middle and high school. Our core values among our employees are Integrity, Trust, Excellence, Teamwork, and Lightheartedness. We have a tight-knit team of professional faculty and staff and we want to hire YOU, if you are inspired by Excellence!
- Health Insurance options.
- Paid holidays.
- Digital equipment and services.
- Teacher appreciation massages, meals and snacks.
- Coffee and tea on-site.
- Curious and engaged students.
- Supportive and involved families.
- Beautiful, spacious classrooms.
- Plenty of teacher materials and supplies.
- Opportunity to be creative and flexible in designing and implementing curriculum.
- Freedom to capitalize on “teachable moments” rather than adhering to a rigid plan.
- Real, authentic work that matters for the children, teachers and parents.
- Team oriented, cooperative, resourceful and friendly co-workers.
- Recognition for a job well done.
- A referral program with opportunities for bonuses and celebrations.
- Mentorship provided to new teachers.
- Opportunities to make a positive difference in our school and the surrounding community.
- Endless opportunities for growth.
- Time to get to know children over years, form relationships with them and watch them grow into adults.
- Fun, fun, fun!
- Operating for 14 years, with an average teacher tenure of 8 years; collectively we have over 102 years of teaching experience!
Voyagers’ Community School, located in Eatontown, New Jersey, is a progressive, Reggio Inspired, nature and project-based school for children, 3 months to 18 years of age. We are accepting cover letter, resume and a philosophy of education statement for Lead Teachers/Associate Director. Employment will begin on or before December 2017. We will assist with relocation costs if apropos. Leadership and Management:
- Establish and oversee the daily operations of the classrooms you are assigned to;
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the program being offered;
- Lead team meetings with the assistance and guidance of the Pedagogista;
- Research and maintain current best practices in ECE.
Participate in ongoing tasks for the Infant, Toddler and Preschool programs
- Compose weekly blog, newsletters and other correspondence;
- Manage the program calendar;
- Assist in pursuing And maintaining accreditations;
- Attend and present at professional development workshops and conferences;
- Oversee the organization and aesthetic of each classroom environment;
- Coordinate staff scheduling and approve time records.
Promote the program and increase enrollment
- Communicate the Vision and Mission of Voyagers’ to staff, parents and community members;
- Participate in designing promotional campaigns;
- Plan and Host open house events;
- Be present in professional and social circles that increase our reach into communities and our contact with parents;
- Join professional organizations and remain cognizant if new trends and approaches to promoting preschool programs.
- Observe and coach preschool staff;
- Coach interns, student teachers, associate teachers and aides;
- Demonstrate best practices for teaching staff;
- Establish systems and routines for tracking staff progress and development;
- Conduct formal evaluations of staff;
- Plan and organize training for staff;
- Produce individual child and classroom documentation;
- Assist in identifying developmental concerns and refer children for further evaluation when needed.
- Collaborative and reflective;
- Focused on innovation and creative problem solving;
- Thinker, listener, observer and strong communicator;
- Adept at building positive relationships with children parents and teachers;
- Ability to lead, train and inspire;
- Resilient, flexible and able to organize time and responsibilities.
- Bachelor degree in ECE required;
- Masters degree in education preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years teaching in a progressive, constructivist, Reggio Inspired ECE program;
- Must meet all state requirements.