Monmouth County Private School : K-2 Math Workshop
The K-2 Math Workshop supports the emerging skills of our children as they build their understanding of mathematical problem-solving. Math is offered in a hands-on approach that encourages exploration, questioning, and sharing. Topics include patterns, shapes, and geometry, counting and comparing, measuring, data collection, sorting and classifying, number sense, and, for some, beginning addition and subtraction.
The students will:
- Work independently and collaboratively to identify and develop mathematical concepts.
- Develop number recognition and awareness.
- Develop the basic tools needed for beginning math skills.
- Make connections between mathematics and the world around them.
- Use hands-on activities to solidify concepts.